[SOLVED] accidentally ran sff gaming (Alienware X51 R2) throughta stress for 1-2hrs

EvAz

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
So I got this desktop for $100 thought it might be a good project and should have dug a bit deeper into its capabilities, such as the being capable of the i7-4790k, but not being able to utilize past 4.0GHz.
Okay, so it's still a project and I dont mind the money I put into it, although disappointed, not a big deal.
Specs:
I5-4770
8Gb standard ram
The Walmart cheap 500gb ssd western digital blue
Gtx 745 4gb graphics
The lower standard psu

Upgraded:
330W PSU
I7-4790k 88W (unlocked)
Nvidia gtx 1060 Founders edition 6gb
Heatsink 100w ID-Cooling IS-30
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste
G.SKILL ARES pc3-19200 2400mhz

So far its bottleneck at 1333mhz ram speed
Locked just under 4ghz cpu speed unless I turbo it and it gets to 4ghz. Graphics is as it should be, I set the bios to (dedicated) graphics, airflow is to crap but I bought 2 40mm fans to stick to the back to force collected heat out and got a new faster fan for the the front intake. And a (Chassis Fan Hub CPU Cooling | 10 Port 12 V SATA to Fan-Header with 4 Pin PWM Controller | Dedicated Supply from PSU to Link Multiple Points) so that extra power isn't being drawn from the motherboard.
================================
This is just so you know whats going on.
My question is that I accidentally did a stress test and fell asleep, it ran for 2hrs or so and the temp was at 104c and even though it was still operational and no crash, lockup or shutdown happened, if you know what damage could have happened that might present itself later or if at all?
=================================
I even checked the capacitors and nothing swelled or cracked/popped open.

But now I removed the DVD drive which gave it more air space its idles starting at 30c to 40c-46c now, before it idled at start 40c-45c to 50c-55c.

I'm usually cautious when doing stress tests, but I fell asleep.

EvAz

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
No issues at all.
No issues surfaced during the test or after. The only thing was that the motherboard was scorching hot and still not issues. I waited a day and just started it up again motherboard holding at 50-58c, cpu 40-47c, graphics card 32-38c.
I've ran two different diagnostic programs one being intel's diagnostic test software and both passed all parameters.