Accidentally touched bottom of cpu.

Sep 27, 2018
I have bought an i5-8400 and I accidentally touched the bottom of the cpu (not in the middle). I could say that I rubbed it a little bit (without putting any significant pressure). Will this have any negative effect on my cpu. The cpu looks like nothing has happenned, but I want to ensure that everything is ok. (The cpu has conductive pads, not pins).

Sep 27, 2018
Is this for sure? Won't dust have got into the cpu? Also, when I tried putting it back to the cpu, I placed it kinda not where it should be and I had to apply some pressure to put it into the plastic case. Wont anything have happened?

Sep 27, 2018
I asked a person who knows about pc's and stuff like that what I should do to ensure that my cpu is 100% ok and he told me that I should hold it and check if there are any finger prints on its bottom. I took it out of its plastic case, everything was normal, but i accidentally touched the top of the cpu, leaving finger prints (my hands were not wet or anything like that). Should I just clean it with alcohol after I put it on my motherboard?

USAFRet

Titan

If there is a visible fingerprint, then yes...clean that off.

Sep 27, 2018
Yes, it is visible.. Will everything be ok after i clean it off ? Also, should I put alcohol on the bottom of the cpu? I checked it and it seems ok (no finger prints or anything). Won't the fact that I rubbed the CPU affect its performance (because of static electrism)?

USAFRet

Titan

Yes it will be fine.
And static electricity does not work like that.

Sep 27, 2018
Are you sure that static electricity won't have affected anything... Cause I saw in many videos that you should not wear a jacket while touching pc parts(I was wearing a jacket).Does this only matter when you touch pc parts after they have been used on your pc?

USAFRet

Titan

Am I 100% sure to an absolute totality that it was not affected?
No.

99.5%? Yes.

All you can do it put it together and see what happens.

Sep 27, 2018
This is just my first build ever and I guess that I am worrying too much about everything... I hope that the CPU is fine. I can't do anything about it, so worrying wont help. I will just rub its top with alcohol after I place it into the motherboard and I will use an app which test whether or not your cpu is ok.