Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth drivers

Juana_3

Reputable
Mar 24, 2017
Hello! Recently I was messing around in the Device Manager and I wasn't thinking and accidentally uninstalled the Bluetooth driver. I've been searching all day for solutions but no joy. I've tried the Bluetooth and WLAN Wireless drivers from the official site but that didn't seem to change anything, I tried resetting my PC but when that didn't work, I tried reinstalling Windows 10, which also did not work.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 5545 running Windows 10 Pro, bluetoothless :(

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016
I would try having the Dell site automatically detect your computer and give you drivers, or type in the specific serial number of your Dell laptop.

I had a similar issue with wireless drivers where the same model of Dell laptops had different hardware for the wireless card. If I just typed in the model into the Dell website, I got about 3 different drivers and none of them worked. Only by having the Dell site scan the laptop and give me the drivers was I able to install the correct one.

Oh and quick note, even if you uninstall a driver, as long as you do not check "delete driver" you can have your computer reinstall the driver by going under Device Manager and clicking "Scan for Hardware Changes". It will pick up that there is no driver installed and reinstall the old driver. Since you reinstalled Windows though, that boat has long sailed.

Juana_3

Reputable
Mar 24, 2017

Thanks for responding so quickly!

I did try "Scan for Hardware Changes" before resetting the PC and reinstalling Windows 10 as I saw it had been suggested on many other sites but, of course knowing my luck, it did not work.

The Dell website only suggests a BIOS system update which is really not what I'm looking for..

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016

I was just working on a Dell laptop and when I installed the wireless driver from the Dell site it said that it was also installing the Bluetooth suite. Perhaps Dell packages them together?

Muhammad Hosein

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
As much as I know, and as I myself tested it, Windows 10 will automatically download drivers for your Laptop. you just need to completely uninstall the driver, then restart and check for windows updates. I reinstalled my Intel drivers and Bluetooth Drivers the same way.