Question Accidentally uninstalled ROG Live Service

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
I recently got an Asus TUF A15 laptop and while I was cleaning up some apps, I accidentally deleted ROG Live Service. I’m not sure if the Armoury Crate program requires this to function nor do I know what ROG Live Service actually does, so it would be great if someone here knows what it’s for. I also ended up reinstalling it via the asus website but i installed it twice using the same installer. I’ve heard that even if you install a program twice, it just overrides it instead of making a new copy. Is that true as well? I also installed the chipset driver twice, not knowing it was already installed with the laptop, and I'm not sure if I damaged my CPU by doing this.

So my main questions are:
  • What is the ROG Live Service for, and could I have permanently damaged my laptop due to uninstalling it?
  • Since I ended up installing it twice, could I have made a duplicate copy of the software and again, damaged my laptop somehow?
  • Like the previous question, does installing a chipset driver twice damage the CPU in any way?

I’m quite paranoid in terms of these kinds of things especially since I only just got the laptop, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
If you have asus peripherals or hardware you wont be able to control things like rgbs or settings if you disable it.

That's pretty much it.

Does this mean I won't be able to control things like fan presets (for example, turbo mode, silent mode) or only lighting customisation? Or if you can, what do you exactly mean my settings?