[SOLVED] Accidentally unplugged my pc, now it wont turn on

May 26, 2021
(Sorry for the bad english) my pc got unplugged and now it wont turn on. The same cases happen before, but after a series of unplugged and plug, it turn on and back to normal. But this time is different, it seems i can't use this method anymore. My psu seems ok because the light on the motherboard lights up yellow, my power button also seems ok (try to jumper it with a flathead screwdriver but still wont turn on). What should I do?
What causes this? And how could my pc still run a few times before?

Solution
PSUs have to deal with a wide range of AC anomalies and usually have a built-in switch that does almost exactly the same job as plugging/unplugging it. Random unplugs shouldn't damage a decently built PSU.

Why is your PC plugged into an extension? Unless you meant power bar? If your PC is permanently connected to an extension, maybe you should tape the plug so your family cannot randomly borrow it without effort. Ideally though, you should move your PC close enough to an outlet that you won't need an extension for power.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Not to be nit-picking. Are you saying your pc gets "unplugged frequently" - plug gets pulled out from the electrical outlet? Please clarify.

And if yes, Why?

This is not normal. Eventually something is bound to go wrong.

May 26, 2021
Not to be nit-picking. Are you saying your pc gets "unplugged frequently" - plug gets pulled out from the electrical outlet? Please clarify.

And if yes, Why?

This is not normal. Eventually something is bound to go wrong.

I used extension cable for my pc at my home, and my family sometimes forget that my pc plugged at that extension cable. Thats how my pc usually get unplugged.

Because of my paniciking, usually i just unplugged and plug hoping for my pc to work, and eventually after series of unplugged and plug, it works (I don't know how, and I know its wrong, but I dont know what I supposed to do)

InvalidError

Titan
PSUs have to deal with a wide range of AC anomalies and usually have a built-in switch that does almost exactly the same job as plugging/unplugging it. Random unplugs shouldn't damage a decently built PSU.

Why is your PC plugged into an extension? Unless you meant power bar? If your PC is permanently connected to an extension, maybe you should tape the plug so your family cannot randomly borrow it without effort. Ideally though, you should move your PC close enough to an outlet that you won't need an extension for power.

Reactions: Adam0ne
Solution
May 26, 2021

I see, that's actually a good advice, and now I moved my pc to an output permanent, I hope no one unplugged it for no reason.

When my pc don't turn on, I left my pc for awhile plugged in for 4 hours, and when I try to turn on again, its beep 3 times (trouble with my ram already fix it). This doesn't beep before I left it plugged for 4 hours. Is it my psu? (Now my pc works normaly, it can turn on and off normaly without struggle)

InvalidError

Titan
When my pc don't turn on, I left my pc for awhile plugged in for 4 hours, and when I try to turn on again, its beep 3 times (trouble with my ram already fix it). This doesn't beep before I left it plugged for 4 hours. Is it my psu? (Now my pc works normaly, it can turn on and off normaly without struggle)
If you have to unplug the PSU for 20-30s before you can plug it in and manage to make it turn on again, that is usually a sign that an internal protection got tripped and needed to be reset before the PSU would allow another attempt.

There are basically three reasons why protections get tripped:
  • overload
  • faulty PSU
  • faulty load(s)

If the unreliable boot issue got progressively worse over time, then my first suspicion would be the PSU, especially if it is a no-name or low-quality model.

May 26, 2021
I see, thank you for the advice and hopefully can replace the psu soon :)
If you have to unplug the PSU for 20-30s before you can plug it in and manage to make it turn on again, that is usually a sign that an internal protection got tripped and needed to be reset before the PSU would allow another attempt.

There are basically three reasons why protections get tripped:
  • overload
  • faulty PSU
  • faulty load(s)
If the unreliable boot issue got progressively worse over time, then my first suspicion would be the PSU, especially if it is a no-name or low-quality model.
I see, thank you for your advice and hopefully I can replace the psu soon