[SOLVED] accidentally unplugged pc, now it won't turn on

Apr 14, 2021
hi, i recently built a new pc with a nonmodular 600W thermaltake PSU, intel core i5 cpu & msi pro 7490 motherboard. if there's any important stuff i'm leaving out, let me know. today i was on the pc, and it's working fine, i finally got a windows install, everything's perfect besides leaving out a wifi antenna but that's not my issue. i accidentally hit the power strip it was plugged into (since the psu cable isn't long enough for a socket) and it came unplugged. i've left the psu alone for a while, and i've rewired EVERYTHING, but it's not coming back on. what do i do? should i just get a new psu & return the old one? is it even the psu that's having a problem? thanks in advance ^_^

Solution
Silly question, is the powerstrip ok? If you bypass the strip what happens? If you have ONLY the PC plugged in (nothing else) to the wall, what happens?

One thing you can try. unplug the PSU, press the power button (once quickly, then hold it for a couple seconds). Plug it back in and try to turn it on?

You can try the paper-clip test (google it) to test the PSU.

Good Luck

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Silly question, is the powerstrip ok? If you bypass the strip what happens? If you have ONLY the PC plugged in (nothing else) to the wall, what happens?

One thing you can try. unplug the PSU, press the power button (once quickly, then hold it for a couple seconds). Plug it back in and try to turn it on?

You can try the paper-clip test (google it) to test the PSU.

Good Luck

Solution

TRENDING THREADS