Question Accidential OC with AI Suite 3, how do i get back to default?

Mar 24, 2019
Good Morning

Yesterday i build my first PC ever. Before it was just adding or removing things on my old build.

Everything turned out fine, then the Devil appeared, AI Suite 3!

I cant remeber how or why, but somehow i ended up running a stress test and OC my System. I believe the 3rd restart got stuck for 5 min and then
i turned it off.
After my Restart it said 44% OC and it was running on 5,1GHz.
Now with Infos below, it doesnt show any OC Info when Windows appears, but still runs on 4,9

System real quick:

Intel i7 9700k
on a ROG Z390 F
AIO Cooling through Ryujin 240
GeForce GTX 1070Ti
16GB RAM

Somehow (was a long night cant remember :X) i got it back down to 4,9 GHz, but i dont need the OC atm and wanted a rather quite build.
I searched the whole Internet.

Tried the Asus Suite Cleaner, can download but not run it, nothing pops open

In my Suite 3 there is no "Back to Default" Button, People are talking about it but the layout seems different.

I could run Suite and set all Cores to Ratio 39 (3,9GHz) instead of 4,9 , but that doesnt seem clean enought for me and when i did it, it was back to 4,9 after a restart.

Took out the BIOS battery, waited, started up and nothing.

Booted the XMP Profile, cause BIOS says it would set settings to Default but nothing.

Tried the "F5" in BIOS and also nothing. ofc with saving.

In BIOS it tells me my Stats on the right side, top says 3,6 GHz etc etc and bottom is "Prediction" and then in yellow 4,9GHz

In the AI Tweaker of ASUS i also cant seem to find a reset anywhere. Getting really frustrated and dont even know where to look anymore on the Internet.

In conclusion:

My CPU is running between 4,6 and 4,9 atm and i want to go back to the default of 3,6.

Hope any one can Help, so i can clean up the cables and start to enjoy :)

Thanks alot

You can bring your Bios back to default in two ways. Remove the CR2032 CMOS battery for 10mins or use the CLRTC jumper located at the bottom right of your MB (item 12 page section 1.1.2 in your user manual).
Some systems don't gel well with AIsuite especially for Overclocking which should be done ONLY within Bios.. Remove it completely as it can corrupt your Bios.
You can remove it using CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com)
Use Ccleaner to uninstall from the tools menu>uninstall then navigate to where it was installed and delete the orphaned folder.
Go back in Ccleaner and run the registry sweep and clean up orphaned registry entries.
Reboot your system and your done.

Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for the reply first of all!

I tried both.

First the pins, power off, unplug, connect for about 7 sec, power back on.
The boot was diffrently, had to go into BIOS, same CPU Freq 4,9. Had to adjust Time .

Then I did same steps as before, took out he battery, connected + - for a few secds, went to make and eat breakfast, +- again, battery in, start up same as before but time was still somewhat correct. Same thing with CPU.
Was gonna do it anyway, installed windows completely fresh. Same "problem".

I actually reinstalled AI Suite to deinstall it with CC, couldn't find the folder tho. Where would u find orphaned folders?
That was before the above.

I mean besides the 1 sec weird flash before windows comes up, everything runs fine and I m happy. But Summer is coming and don't want the fans to be noise cause of unnecessary OC.

Orphaned or directory entries won't exist once CCleaner has uninstalled properly so do a search for anything on c drive relating to AISuite. Then I used the FIND function in regedit for anything with AISuite to check that CCleaner had done it's job using the Sweep function.
Sorry but I don't know what you refer to as " the 1 sec weird flash before windows comes up"
The fact that you had to reset time in Bios tells me you are at default stock frequency and around 1.2-1.3V on the core.
If your monitoring your temps and at Bios default then you should now have temps around 10-15C above ambient room temp at idle and 60-65C under load. Your AIO 240MM rad should be sufficient to cool your system at stock. If not then case cooling should be analyzed.