Question accidently wiped W25Q80DV chip thinking it was bios

Nov 1, 2022
so i accidently wiped W25Q80DV chip thinking it was bios on my asus g531QY and now dont know what to do its a 1mb chip so i dont know what it does
more info:
So my laptop crashed during a BIOS update so was bricked did not power on but battery led still comes on and charges....I got a CH341A programmer to flash directly onto the bios chip but i tried to do it on the wrong chip W25Q80DV and wiped it and when i tried to put the new bios on the chip it would say the file size is to big bc obv the chip is 1mb its not the bios chip im not sure what it is...might be EC controller not sure...

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022
So my laptop crashed during a BIOS update so was bricked did not power on but battery led still comes on and charges....I got a CH341A programmer to flash directly onto the bios chip but i tried to do it on the wrong chip W25Q80DV and wiped it and when i tried to put the new bios on the chip it would say the file size is to big bc obv the chip is 1mb its not the bios chip im not sure what it is...might be EC controller not sure....

Nov 1, 2022
So? Restore it from backup you made before flashing it.

Oh. You didn't make a backup.
Then get another same model laptop and read chip contents from it and restore on your laptop.
haha i know im an idiot i just didnt think i would need the backup becuase i thought it was a bios chip and it was corrupted so no need to backup :(