[SOLVED] According to others, my build isn't running as well as it should

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
I currently am using an i5-4690k, gtx 1080ti, and 16gb of ram (let me know if you need more information). I've heard that my build is running poorly for what the benchmark for my pieces of together as a whole, and was wondering what the source of the problem is if there really is one or if I'm just being childishly hopeful. For example, I'll be playing Monster Hunter: World (a CPU heavy game) and I'll walk into the middle of the trade yard tents and get 60-58 fps when according to someone else I should be getting around 140-120 with the same settings. I'm not even using 4k as the card intends at max usefulness, and it could be that the CPU is getting old (despite hearing an i5-4690k is still manageable) and causing bottlenecks, but I really don't know. If the CPU is truly the problem, what expected price range will it be to fully upgrade the CPU and motherboard/ram to get it up to date enough to run the triple A games smoothly and more correctly for perfect/near smoothness. Sorry if I respond late and thank you in advanced if I personally forget to do so!

Solution
Nvidia power options have three settings, which can make a HUGE difference in frame rates.
optimal, lets the drivers decide frame rate
Adaptive, tries to match frame rates with your monitors refresh rate.
Prefer maximum performance, makes the card run all out until it reaches power/utilization/voltage limits.

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015

Graphics settings are all max (as they should be with this build).
frame rate is unlimited/uncapped.
I never use V-sync on anything.
I forgot Nvidia had a power management mode, but I doubt that will change more than 60 fps.

Nvidia power options have three settings, which can make a HUGE difference in frame rates.
optimal, lets the drivers decide frame rate
Adaptive, tries to match frame rates with your monitors refresh rate.
Prefer maximum performance, makes the card run all out until it reaches power/utilization/voltage limits.

Solution