Account locked out for no reason...........maybe!

Hello all!

I hope this is in the right place!!

we run a sbs2000 enviroment with a mix of win XP and win2000 PCs.

When a XP user logs onto a Win 2000 PC and then trys to sign in to IIS
on a remote workgroup running windows 2000 server his local domain
account keeps getting locked out!

I have tested that user ability to log on to the same remote pc from a
XP machine and all is fine - ie he does not get locked out.

SO the conclusion is that there must be some problem with the win 2000
o/s.

can anybody help me stop this from happening as he has to logged on to
the two pc several times a day and it is becoming very annoying having
to unlock him!!

It has only just started happening in the last few days. he has been
using this setup for months with no trouble! so why has this started to
happen now?

The remote IIS PC is behind a PC firewall, the PC is running win2003
running ISA 2000.

PLEASE help!!!

ta

Andrew

Did his password recently change?

<andrew.pennynospam@checkmyfile.com> wrote in message
> Hello all!
>
> I hope this is in the right place!!
>
> we run a sbs2000 enviroment with a mix of win XP and win2000 PCs.
>
> When a XP user logs onto a Win 2000 PC and then trys to sign in to IIS
> on a remote workgroup running windows 2000 server his local domain
> account keeps getting locked out!
>
> I have tested that user ability to log on to the same remote pc from a
> XP machine and all is fine - ie he does not get locked out.
>
> SO the conclusion is that there must be some problem with the win 2000
> o/s.
>
> can anybody help me stop this from happening as he has to logged on to
> the two pc several times a day and it is becoming very annoying having
> to unlock him!!
>
> It has only just started happening in the last few days. he has been
> using this setup for months with no trouble! so why has this started to
> happen now?
>
> The remote IIS PC is behind a PC firewall, the PC is running win2003
> running ISA 2000.
>
> PLEASE help!!!
>
> ta
>
> Andrew

yep but before this started happening by about a week

TRENDING THREADS