Acer 2 years old doesnt hold battery charge microsoft 10

Malcolm_6

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Is their a bug in windows 10 ,To annoy my battery repeatedly to try and get us to sign up with some spy wear or something ..????How can I get maximum useage out of battery .we leave computer plugged in all the time .Don't trust battery pack to be reliable? thanks mal

Solution
Do you leave it in sleep mode or turn off? If turn off, try turning fast startup off, it will slow the start up (naturally) but it will actually turn PC off instead of use hybred hibernate. That should save power

What power plan are you running?

Albionm00n

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
Greetings!

Have you always left it plugged in? Laptop batteries do better if they are discharged and recharged regularly for that is what they are designed for as a portable device. If it is left plugged in for an extended period of time, it can effect it's ability to hold a charge. I have a laptop that runs Windows 7, and I left it plugged in on my desk at home for a little over a year and now the battery holds very little charge. So, it is not (necessarily) Windows 10, and more likely the charge memory of your battery if it is plugged in for extended periods of time. Sadly, there is no way I know of to restore full function to a battery after this has occurred.

Hope this helps!

Is that even true anymore ith recent generations of rechargeable batteries?
I think that applies to old Ni-Cads

Albionm00n

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016

Maybe it is just Ni-Cads, but not really knowing the specs of the laptop, I figured I would offer it up as a potential...I know many folk who have had the same experience as I have with my laptop. Mine is ~3.5 to 4 years old.