Acer 5532 - WiFi Internal Card Not Recognized Switch Won't Enable

japentz

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hello,
I've just done a Windows 7 (Ultimate) install on an Acer Aspire 5532 Laptop. The internal wireless adapter is not recognized in Device Manager (No, it does not show up in "Other Devices with the yellow exclamation, it is NOT seen at all. The wired network adapter is recognized and shows up in device manager. I Installed the proper driver for both network adapters.

The Wireless Enable/Disable button will not light up (next to the on/off switch). It will not turn on.

I have reseated the wireless card and checked all connections. I've ensured the wireless antena was properly connected to the card.

Thanks for any thoughts. I'm thinking the internal network card went up.

japentz

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

Hello, thanks for trying. Fn+F3 is for bluetooth mode on this model. It does not work. there is no airplane mode.

The Acer Aspire 5532 is a 2009 model. there is just an on off switch above the keyboard with 2 buttons on either side that light up. the left is for enabling/disabling the touch pad. The right button is for enabling and disabling wireless. I can enable disable the touchpad. the light goes on and off on the buttton.

For the wireless button, I press and unpress it and no light comes on. The wireless does not become enabled.

japentz

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

Really :) Fn=F3 does not work. Last thing I will try is physically swapping the antenna connector wires. Thanks though for trying. I may need a new internal card.