Question Acer A315-41-R69L BIOS ISSUE

May 8, 2020
I have some problems with my Acer a315-41-r69l laptop. I have ctrl keys issue https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/acer-a315-41-r69l-ctrl-keys-issue.3604107/ here and it's still not fixed.
After I had those issues, I thought it is the bios problem. I tried to search keyboard settings in my bios but I didn't find any. I tried to update my bios. My BIOS is password protected and I don't turn it off when updating it. I don't know my BIOS is updated successfully but I can boot to my windows. But my laptop won't get to BIOS or boot to windows when the charger isn't plugged in. It stuck in the Acer logo and then it turns the power off repeatedly. I lost my mobility because of it. Is downgrading BIOS is safe? Thank you.

"requested thread cannot be found"

Your battery is probably dead if your laptop turns off when you plug off powwer, cant say anything cause i dont find original thread. Yes you can update bios without battery but it will probably give a warning before that.

You can bypass no battery warning like this : https://superuser.com/questions/1092562/how-to-upgrade-uefi-bios-without-battery-in-acer-laptop

Have you tried replacing keyboard or reconnecting the connector on the motherboard?

May 8, 2020
"requested thread cannot be found"

Your battery is probably dead if your laptop turns off when you plug off powwer, cant say anything cause i dont find original thread. Yes you can update bios without battery but it will probably give a warning before that.

You can bypass no battery warning like this : https://superuser.com/questions/1092562/how-to-upgrade-uefi-bios-without-battery-in-acer-laptop

Have you tried replacing keyboard or reconnecting the connector on the motherboard?

I'm sorry, my thread is already deleted. I don't know what's happening with my previous thread. My battery is just working fine. I can use my laptop with battery power. My laptop turns off without an AC source just in the POST or booting session. My laptop turns off after some seconds and then my laptop turns on again. It keeps turns on and off if I don't plug my AC source. But after I can boot to my windows, I can plug off the AC power. I think my battery is fine.

May 8, 2020
So you can run the laptop fine otherwise if ac power Is connected no shuttdowns? Only key problem?

yeah, it's fine when power is connected and the ctrl keys are working fine in an external keyboard. But I lost my mobility because I have to plug my laptop to AC power when I turn on my laptop. As well as my ctrl keys are not working, I have to use the on-screen keyboard or external keyboard.

Last edited:
Might be keyboard Or the connector. If you remove battery completely and run on ac does the Keys work then?

If still not then you need To disassembly until you see keyboard connector. First try reseating it from the mobo connector. Also check the area for liquid damage or corrosion and that pins Look fine.

May 8, 2020
I've never disassembled my laptop before and my battery isn't removable otherwise I disassembled it. I will try your recommendations. BTW, does updating the BIOS void the warranty?

May 8, 2020
What about downgrading the BIOS? is it safe? I'll try your recommendations. first I need to save my money in case I had my laptop in the worst problems 😂