Acer ag3 Predator

DKnewb

Commendable
May 31, 2016
Hey guys, i bought the ag3 710 predator a little while back, and was considering upgrading some internals at some point. how would i go about choosing a new psu? also for this computer if i swapped out the existing gtx 950 that it currently has for a 980 how many watts would i be looking for in a power supply?

Solution
1| You'd need to see if your processor is not going to bottleneck your GPU should you want to go for something like a GTX980. You could pass on the SKU for the Predator for us to learn of the processor inside it or you could download CPU-Z and read off the processor tab to learn of your processor.

2| You're also going to need to know the PSU inside the chassis. All your components require a minimum and maximum wattage thus you should follow this article to understand how much power your system needs. Mind you, you're going to have to add more wattage for overclocking headroom and longevity reasons.

3| If you are in the market for buying a new PSU, you can look through this PSU tier list to choose...

Lutfij

Titan
1| You'd need to see if your processor is not going to bottleneck your GPU should you want to go for something like a GTX980. You could pass on the SKU for the Predator for us to learn of the processor inside it or you could download CPU-Z and read off the processor tab to learn of your processor.

2| You're also going to need to know the PSU inside the chassis. All your components require a minimum and maximum wattage thus you should follow this article to understand how much power your system needs. Mind you, you're going to have to add more wattage for overclocking headroom and longevity reasons.

3| If you are in the market for buying a new PSU, you can look through this PSU tier list to choose a reliable and robust unit.

If you have a 500W unit, I'd ask you not to run a GTX980.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS