Acer Already Working on Iconia W3 Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I have also seen this unit in the store, it is roughly $349.99 at Staples but that screen is the one thing that keeps me away from it. It is the right size for a small computing device however. It would have been nice to know if that screen has the ability to be viewed outdoors in direct sunlight to justify that horrible looking screen

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
At AndrewMD: The only good thing about TN screens is that they're usually very bright. So it will probably work decently outdoors. Personally I'll do like everyone else, wait for the IPS version, as TN displays really aren't suited for tablets.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
8" IPS display is used by so many other manufacturers in their Android tablet which sells at a low price, it is highly doubtful inclusion of such will change the price much. It never cease to amaze that some manufacturers decide to cut corner on the display or the storage size, while a much better spec would have sell a lot more units despite the price.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Nitpick here, "Twisted Nematic display" - Why don't you just say it's a TN display? Otherwise you should have spelled out what IPS is too. Honestly, I had to think for a second what Twisted Nematic display is when reading your article.

Now to the tablet, I think because Windows 8's app store still lacks a lot, this tablet along with most of all the other Windows 8 tablets are useless. I have a Atom z2670 equipped Samsung ATIV XE-500T, and I only use the old Desktop apps in Desktop mode. OneNote being the most frequently used. Besides, Acer's tablet doesn't even have a digitizer.

RaviSGill

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
I bought W3 64 GB version in India day before yesterday Windows version for Rs. 29990/- in India and took the sealed peace as I needed to gift the item. Brought home and saw that there were two line permanent ones in the bottom of the screen. Now they are telling me that I might have slipped it and due to shock it might have ruptured the pixels.. The latest version is also not worth buying if they cannot replace n just make excuses...

cliffep

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
I have long been awaiting a decent native Windows tablet - like my iPad, but really need USB/SD expansion, and did not like tacky build or screen of the W3. If theyr'e improved I will leap at the next one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.