Acer Announces Three New Aspire S7 Ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
1. Buy one of these.
2. "Format C:\"
3. Install Windows 7 "Home Premium"/"Professional"/"Ultimate" (any of these will do), or Linux.
4. ???????
5. PROFIT!

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
i'll buy the $1200 one and add more RAM to it. These days 8GB should be standard.

EDIT: I just learned memory is soldered onto the motherboard :(

G

id rather have the acer ultrabook that has gtx 640le graphics and optical drive that i can remove and stick an ssd into

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]i'll buy the $1200 one and add more RAM to it. These days 8GB should be standard. EDIT: I just learned memory is soldered onto the motherboard[/citation]
This is an area where me and UltraBooks will never agree. Soldering a poultry amount of RAM in that can't be upgraded. Not that I really need a ga-zillion GBs of RAM, its just the principle.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]UVB076[/nom]Holy *** 11" 1080 display[/citation]

Go with a Transformer Pad Infinity. You'll be happier. Why?

1. Keyboard dock when you want it, Slate tablet when you don't.
2. Enough battery life that you no longer have to consider it...especially when its fornicating with the keyboard dock...14 hours. Really? Really.
3. 1080p on an 11"? Try 1920x1200 on a 10.1" for size. Delectable indeed.
4. Its Asus, so you're safe.
5. Its Android, so you're happy...ICS growing into JB.
6. Its $650 complete with keyboard dock, so you're not broke.

G

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Go with a Transformer Pad Infinity. You'll be happier. Why?1. Keyboard dock when you want it, Slate tablet when you don't.2. Enough battery life that you no longer have to consider it...especially when its fornicating with the keyboard dock...14 hours. Really? Really.3. 1080p on an 11"? Try 1920x1200 on a 10.1" for size. Delectable indeed.4. Its Asus, so you're safe.5. Its Android, so you're happy...ICS growing into JB.6. Its $650 complete with keyboard dock, so you're not broke.[/citation]

i had an eeepad transformer, i wasnt happy with it and took it back, i am a massive multi-tasker and i need something with software for creating and editing isos and sear amount of software available to a windows laptop with the ability to run linux and multi-task with ease. i typically have a good 20 internet tabs up at once, while watching a movie and doing other things in the back ground, android just doesnt do it for me. when it comes to phones, however, android is my preferred OS

G

Cannot wait to get one of these.... End the stupid IPAD rubbish..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS