acer aspire 4755g motherboard

leoboyskie

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014
acer aspire 4755g intel core i5,nvdia gt540m 2 gb.my mobo is dead and i am planning to buythis...... but i am worried about the nvdia.when you buy a laptop mobo does it comes with the gpu or you have to transfer it from the old one?

Solution
Your link is useless without your Ebay login details (don't post them!) so I'll have to ignore that part of your post.

All laptop motherboards come with GPU attached since it's not a removable component, same with the sound chip.
Some laptops have a second, more powerful, "discrete" GPU which is removable, but the Aspire 4755G doesn't have one of those.

In the case of the the Aspire 4755G, the Intel GPU is integrated with the Intel CPU so it's actually an "APU" (Advanced Processing Unit).
Your link is useless without your Ebay login details (don't post them!) so I'll have to ignore that part of your post.

All laptop motherboards come with GPU attached since it's not a removable component, same with the sound chip.
Some laptops have a second, more powerful, "discrete" GPU which is removable, but the Aspire 4755G doesn't have one of those.

In the case of the the Aspire 4755G, the Intel GPU is integrated with the Intel CPU so it's actually an "APU" (Advanced Processing Unit).

Solution

leoboyskie

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014
thnk you for your help really apreciated here :) but is there any idea how to know if the that mobo is having the same gpu as i have on the fried one?i have the 2 gb before.the aspire 4755 of acer had released 3 types of of the same model there is a 1 gb gpu and a 2gb gpu
thanks phillip :)

Like I said, your Ebay link to the product is no good to anyone who doesn't have your login details, so I can't even read what it says.

Looks like I may have been wrong about the graphics though - - your Acer may have a discrete graphics card (Nvidia) as well as the Intel GPU on the processor, though it doesn't say so in the system specs I've seen for the Aspire 4755G. But the Nvidia GT540m is definitely a discrete card because your laptop's integrated one is an Intel model.

However, I cannot possibly tell you how much video RAM the Nvidia card will have on the motherboard you've been looking at on Ebay, I've no idea.