Question Acer Aspire 5738Z --- No POST/ Video Ouput ?

eternalabys

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Alright, so I've had this laptop for quite some time and been trying to understand the issue, but before that, let me tell you what happened that made it in to its current situation.

I had been playing games on it for a couple of hours, games like CSGO and Minecraft, when I decided to shut it down and step away for a bit, left it as is, with the charger plugged in and peripherals connected, when I came back and tried to turn on the laptop, there was no output on the monitor (I had to throw away the screen of the laptop after I had smashed it before), I was confused and tried to boot cycle it a few times, but every time it just gave me no video.

The battery charging LED and Power On LED were on and active, even the upper bar with the HDD activity light (where the power button is) flashed for a second before going blank was working.

I have tried different RAM to no effect, taking the battery out also didn't help. Even though the fan spins up and the heatsink definitely gets hot, it just doesn't POST.