ACER ASPIRE 5920G - WIN7 64BIT CHIPSET DRIVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

musiker

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
I need the chipset driver for my acer aspire 5920g.
the device name is: Intel(R) ICH8M-E LPC Interface Controller - 2815
vendor id: 8086
device id:2815

in windows 7 64 bit it does not work and causes bsod and screen flicker problems.
(note that a live session in ubuntu 12.05 64bit worked flawlessly)

i already had a live chat with intel and i was informed that there is no chipset driver for this os and they do not provide drivers for mobile products.they suggested i reeintall windows vista (the stock os for the laptop). the acer live chat told me that there is no win7 driver and i have to PAY to get extra support!

any ideas? can we find something on that? or do i have to go back to vista (f**k!) ??

thanx for helping guys :) :) :)

Hi,

Wow Acer is crap... and support is even crappier:

Have you gone to their website and download the chipset for win 7 64 bit ?

If it's not there: I would try to download the vista 64 bit and try to install it from the device manager.

Good luck

timcthefirst

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
when I upgraded from vista 32 bit to win 7 64 bit I had the same problems and after a couple of years I still don't have everything going correct. However I downloaded (after trying literally dozens) a couple of driver update programs that corrected most all my problems and are completely free! One is DriverMax, another is Software Informer which is one of my favorites and finally Slimdrivers. I normally don't advertise any programs but these are more of a absolute have too programs. I hope they help.

musiker

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
OK. I tried vista 64 drivers but they did not work. I will try with the software update and we wil see. I will post back results. thanks!

musiker

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
It did not work with Drivermax or Software informer. I installed UBUNTU and everything is fine!!

ACer seem to be quite indifferent for their customers so I am not buying again

Status
Not open for further replies.