Question Acer Aspire 6530 Flashing Bios

Jun 24, 2020
I've downloaded the files from the acer site. Copied it to my flash drive (FAT32), inserted it to the laptop and the flash drive's led is not flashing indicating no success in bios recovery. Am I doing it right? Any help is much appreciated.
Files in the Flash drive
-BIOS.wph
-WinPlash.exe
-mfc42.dll
-msvcp60.dll
-msvcrt.dll
-PHLASH.INI
-PHLASH.LOG
-PlashLc.dll
-PlashN T.sys

popatim

Titan
Thew flash drive needs to be bootable, not just copying the files into it.
you can use Rufus to make the flash drive bootable
Label: anything you want
File System: fat32
Cluster size: defualt
Place a check in "Create bootable disk" then select freedos from the dropdown.
Start

When done, copy in your bios update files. Boot from the flash drive. Run the flashing program.
WinPhlash doesn't sound right, where'd you get your files from? I thought it was just phlash or iphlsh ... (been a long while)

Jun 24, 2020
Thew flash drive needs to be bootable, not just copying the files into it.
you can use Rufus to make the flash drive bootable
File System: fat32
Cluster size: defualt
Place a check in "Create bootable disk" then select freedos from the dropdown.
Start

When done, copy in your bios update files. Boot from the flash drive. Run the flashing program.
WinPhlash doesn't sound right, where'd you get your files from? I thought it was just phlash or iphlsh ... (been a long while)

I got it from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
Btw, after I plugged it in, does it happen automatically or I need to type something in the DOS?

I came across a modded BIOS with only PLASH16.exe and a zk3_3303.WPH file, would this work?

popatim

Titan
Thats sounds like they way it used to be done. I haven't done an Asus dos based flash in a long time.
You'll need to run either the file that ends in .bat or the phlash16 program (just type in the name at the prompt)

I cant use your link since I dont have your serial or snid #'s

Jun 24, 2020
I tried copying it, but no luck, the power led just keeps on blinking, although sometimes the power led stays on far longer than the boot loop (but no display)