Acer Aspire AX1420-UR10P Troubleshooting

honestmoe

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
Hello All,

Hoping you can help me out. While I have my Comptia A+ (granted its not much) this issue Im having has really stumped me.

System: Acer Aspire AX1420-UR10P

Day I bought it (2 years? ago) inserted for video: ASUS EAH6570/DI/1GD3/A/(C331P/LP) Radeon HD 6570 1 with the half brackets..its a tiny case.

Never a problem until a month ago. Computer started freezing at boot up on the desktop. A hard freeze which required a hard reboot. Checked my video card drivers, all up to date. Ran scans for any malware, virus, etc- nothing. Backed up the PC, wiped it clean fresh install. Same problem with nothing but a clean install of windows.

When Im in safe mode never a problem- but Im assuming Im using the motherboard card in safe mode? Bought a new video card, same model 6570. Replaced the old card, same problem.

Began to think as the OEM PSU is 220w maybe its not carrying the load anymore, maybe it degraded over time. Bought a new 300w PSU. Installed today, same problem.

Ran Windows 7 memory diagnostic it found nothing wrong with the memory.

Wary of dropping more money into this thing on memory with the same results. Any thoughts?