Acer Aspire does not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcegabriel

Reputable
Sep 27, 2015
My daugther laptop is Acer Aspire V3-571-6428
i3-2310MHD graphics 3000, 15.6 LCD, 6GB DDR3, 750GB HDD
Unfortunately her laptop does not turn on anymore. Connecting the power cable does NOT turn on ANY LEDs (battery, hard drive, wifi, etc). Also pressing the power button on does NOT make the power button LED to light up.
The laptop is completely a brick
Power supply works, I have tried it with another Acer that uses same power adapter.
I tried the trick of removing battery and long press the power button but nothing
I disassemble the laptop and nothing looks odd/broken. The power cable internally looks fine and conveys power ~19v.
However, also when measuring voltage on the battery charging connector I didnt get any appropriate voltage (always would show under 1 Volt)
The laptop is very integrated. There is a small card called "power board" but I am not sure if its worth buying a new one and trying to replace to see if resolves the problem. It is pretty small I thought only connects to the power button.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Acer-Aspire-V3-551-V3-551G-V3-571-V3-571G-Power-Button-Board-Cable-/400971132459?hash=item5d5bbdee2b

Anybody have any suggestions, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS