ACER Aspire E1-522 turns on, does not boot

nao.capitao

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
Hi! i've been searching for solutions on this problem.

The laptop was dead.
After some trys, it seems the charger is ok, coz battery was unloaded and at this time i can turn on the laptop with battery or with ac plug.

The CPU fan is working. I already cleaned the DIM contact surface.

I've read about a BIOS problem and that it could be flashed.
Power LED turns on (the one in the button and the other on the edge near the touchpad)

For this black screen problem, can You help with some tips?

Thank You

Solution
There's no place to "connect" one. Should be built in.

Chances are probably good you have a dead CPU. Highly common in most of the A-series equipped laptops. I've burned up two A-10 equipped laptops myself. It's due to poor cooling design and bad cooling control schemes in the bios. The turbo schemes on these units tends to overreach what the cooling is capable of handling and the heatsink/fan combination simply can't keep up. They generally start to display problems by running the fan on high almost all the time and then the units just take a dump but the fan system still runs.

Might not be your problem, just saying it's fairly common.

If you can find somebody with a compatible memory module you might try swapping one of those in...
Has the unit ever displayed any unusual colors or flickering on the display prior to this black screen issue happening, that you noticed? Any warning indicators like previous momentary black screens or display that went off and came back on? Anything at all that might indicate that you have what many, many laptops experience which is a broken ribbon cable going from the motherboard to the display?

This is the most common problem with laptops that seem to start and boot normally but show nothing on the screen. When the units boots up are there any abnormal beeps that you did not used to hear or does it beep normally while booting?

nao.capitao

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017

Hi darkbreeze. thanks for answering.

The laptop began to have some problems on speed, being stuck (while on windows).
Many times it was stuck on the acer logo, when turning on. It used to go through after pressing some random keys or after switching off and on again.

I think it never beeped. that was an issue.. was trying to put beeps working to help on the diagnostics. I even tried to connect an external monitor, but no signal on output.

Thanks.

Ok, so first thing I'd try is removing the cmos battery for about five minutes, then reinstalling it and see if the system boots. This should reset the bios and might trigger a successful boot sequence. But it might not as well. In the even that it does not, you might try removing the RAM and hard drive then power on to see if there is at least some diagnostic beeps or a POST screen displayed.

The solutions offered here might be helpful.

https://laptopturn.com/laptop-problems/acer-aspire-e1-522-black-screen-problem/

nao.capitao

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
I tried to remove the cmos battery. Nothing happened. I turn the computer on, it is stuck the same way as before.

I've tried before turning the laptop on with no RAM and with no HDD. It never beeps.

I don't know where to connect a buzzer on the MB.

There's no place to "connect" one. Should be built in.

Chances are probably good you have a dead CPU. Highly common in most of the A-series equipped laptops. I've burned up two A-10 equipped laptops myself. It's due to poor cooling design and bad cooling control schemes in the bios. The turbo schemes on these units tends to overreach what the cooling is capable of handling and the heatsink/fan combination simply can't keep up. They generally start to display problems by running the fan on high almost all the time and then the units just take a dump but the fan system still runs.

Might not be your problem, just saying it's fairly common.

If you can find somebody with a compatible memory module you might try swapping one of those in first to see if perhaps you simply have a dead stick.

Solution