Question Acer aspire e15 upgrade?

Brincanareia

Prominent
May 10, 2020
Hi I have a acer aspire e15 es1-512-c6tx would it benifit from adding an SSD and more RAM?

Specs: Celeron N2830
4GB RAM
500HDD

I play old games on it and can't afford a new one until the next year and it freezes a lot when browsing the web, but HDD is healthy last time I checked that was a few weeks ago. I plan on upgrading the laptop to give a o a friend who can't afford one and buy one for 2500$

Thank you for your time

Lutfij

Titan
You could upgrade the ram to 8GB, considering that the maximum ram the processor you have supports 8GB, but that isn't advised since the closer you run the ram to the limit(in terms of maximum supported) you tend to make the chipset run hotter on said platform. You can add an SSD to the platform, by removing the HDD from it's original location and using a secondary drive caddy to place the HDD in said caddy. you can then drop in a cheap SSD into the original HDD's spot.

Have you disassembled the laptop(netbook) yet? BIOS version for your netbook at the time of writing?

Reactions: Brincanareia

Brincanareia

Prominent
May 10, 2020
You could upgrade the ram to 8GB, considering that the maximum ram the processor you have supports 8GB, but that isn't advised since the closer you run the ram to the limit(in terms of maximum supported) you tend to make the chipset run hotter on said platform. You can add an SSD to the platform, by removing the HDD from it's original location and using a secondary drive caddy to place the HDD in said caddy. you can then drop in a cheap SSD into the original HDD's spot.

Have you disassembled the laptop(netbook) yet? BIOS version for your netbook at the time of writing?
Yes once to replace and see the battery model and it was easy all I needed was a Philips screwdriver and a plastic guitar pick and assembled without any problems, not sure about the bios version :/ but it's the latest

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS