Acer aspire Es 15 stuck in automatic repair loop

Joshua_190

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
My acer ES 15 laptop froze, so I shut it off. When I turned it back on, it said "preparing automatic repair" then it goes black and comes back saying "diagnosing your pc" when that's done it goes to another screen saying "your pc did not start correctly." Also gives me the option restart, sometimes just that will fx the problem. Other option is advanced options. Restarting it will just go through all the same things again. I've seen posts saying automatic updates will cause this problem and you just need to take the battery out hold the start button etc.. BUT.. My laptop doesn't have an external battery that I can pop off. In advanced options - use a device, I don't have a usb drive or windows recovery cd, and no cd drive on the laptop. None of the options in advanced options will work, or I don't know how to use them. The laptop is only two years old, I've barely done anything on it. Pretty upset with it.

Solution
What were you running when laptop froze? Is it common to freeze or was this first time?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its a handy boot drive (you will need to buy an 8gb stick if you don't have one)

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Colif

Win 11 Master
What were you running when laptop froze? Is it common to freeze or was this first time?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its a handy boot drive (you will need to buy an 8gb stick if you don't have one)

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Solution