Acer Aspire M3100

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I recently bought a 480watt power supply from KDMPower on Ebay... for my Acer Aspire M3100, Only reason I bought it was because It said it was 100% compatible with my PC .. So Okay
Here's the thing
I mainly bought that because I bought an Ati Radeon 5750 .. turns out Not even with the molex adapters that its powerful enough to turn the PC on..
When I had connected the Molex, my Power button light would only start but nothing else, When I disconnected it from the molex and only had the gold connectors on, everything turned on , including the Graphics card Fan.
So I figured I can't run it this way as its too risky without having the 6pin power cables connected...

I've been looking at this Power Supply.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220833754896?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
^ idk if its against the rules to post ebay links.. if it is, I'm sorry

But I want to know is, would that be compatible with my Acer Aspire M3100? (32bit)
Would It fit the case? Lol I'm highly a noob at this so I apologize..
Also would it be good enough for the Ati Radeon?

Also, here is the power supply that I had purchased.. if it helps.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320857100869?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The dimensions are slightly different..
I just wanna know if the logisys would fit in my PC

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Gee.. No need to be so disrespectful -_-
The Logisys is the one that the Graphics Card seller recommended me because I'm not looking to spend ALOT.
I'm on limitations, I just want a decent PSU that will run my card okay without any problems and without having to spend alot.
I just plan on playing decent quality games now and then. I'm no hardcore PC Gamer that is wiling to spend hundreds. or even thousands -_-

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Okay.. I've been looking at the two links.
Which would be better for my ATI Radeon 5750?

I've been looking at this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4176827&SID=gn2kcjtk31is

It's at 430 watts but.. would it be enough to run my whole PC Smoothly?
Everything in my PC is basic except the Ati Radeon 5750 that I will be installing.

Edit : people have been saying its not good for gaming.. lol
I want to play it safe and have a decent amount of watts for my PC .

Both of them will work with the HD5750! The Corsair has a little stronger total watts but the Antec is a little stronger on the +12 volt power which the PC needs most of. I just built a Phenom II X4 AMD, HD6770 rig for my daughter with a different Antec 400watt with the same ratings and runs fine.
There is actually a good deal on this CX500watt Corsair as well if you sign up for their news letter http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027
Another good one plenty of power XFX 550 watt http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
How long is the PCI-E cable on the Antec?
I need a rather long one as my graphics card is all the way at the bottom of the case while the power supply is located at the top

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Link aint working..

One last question Lol

Are the SATA cables always 15pin? Are these 15pin? Just need to know because it doesnt say on the site what pins they are.. needa make sure they fit into my hard drive and CD Drive.

I'm considering the Antec at the moment.

Edit : nevermind now the link worked Lol
21.6 centimeteres right?

For a system using a single Radeon HD 5750 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 22 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

The KDM Power 480W, with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 19 Amps and with no PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is insufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 5750.

The Logisys Computer 600W (PS600XBK12), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps and with two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is theoretically sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 5750.

The reliability of the Logisys Computer 600W (PS600XBK12) is horrible.

A real 600 Watt power supply would have at least a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps or greater.

Get a power supply from a reputable brand like Antec, Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic or XFX.

21.6 inches! Sata power connector is std 15pin!

socalking

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

21 INCHES?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Holy crap LOL that's long.
I was thinking centimeters since it seemed more logical O_O
I'm really considering the Antec right now .. think I would buy it.
I just dont want more errors.. I bought this graphics card about 2 weeks ago and still havent been able to use it due to delays @_@