Acer aspire m5640 motherboard

RexMurphy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Hello Folks:

Anybody know what's the alternative motherboard to Acer Aspire's MBSAM09.001 (motherboard product id)?

Would greatly appreciate your input. :)

RexMurphy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for the reply, bigbang. this is for an acer aspire m5640 system that is not working right now. Based on the many threads i've read here, the motherboard is also the culprit. I am not inclined to get exactly the same motherboard from acer. i thought i'd look for an alternative, an asus or gigabyte but i'm not sure which one (model) would be compatible with for acer's M5640. Currently, it has 4gb or RAM, an optical drive and hdd. That's it.

bigbang

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004
you need to find out about ur cpu socket, graphics adaptor, pci components, ram type, mb size and wether it fits ur case, power supply connector and wether itll be compatible with ur psu, hdd and cdrom connections,.any additional peripherals will also need to be checked for compatibilty. then any mb that fits those can be a candidate for replacement. a local computer shop can perhaps do that inspection for you.
http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Intel-DualBIOS-Motherboard-GA-G41M-ES2L/dp/B00212O4IE/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309919778&sr=8-2-fkmr0
is a candidate should the peripherals and the mb size be compatible with ur setup.
but since u are replacing it there must be something in your mind that is making you replace it, some sort of thing that will be the exact thing that will be the criteria for the new one. so help me to help you. people dont just buy stuff cause they feel like throwing money out the window right?
http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GA-P45T-ES3G-LGA-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B004YLE5H0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309919925&sr=1-1
here is a p45, they are compatible with the cpu and ram, but have better peripheral connectivity and should u decide to play games, u get a discrete graphics and bobs ur uncle.
all the best

RexMurphy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011

Thanks for the reply, bigbang. this is for an acer aspire m5640 system that is not working right now. Based on the many threads i've read here, the motherboard is also the culprit. I am not inclined to get exactly the same motherboard from acer. i thought i'd look for an alternative, an Asus or gigabyte but i'm not sure which one (model) would be compatible with for acer's M5640. Currently, it has 4gb or RAM, an optical drive and hdd. That's it.

RexMurphy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
The reason I'm looking at changing motherboards is because the one I have right now is not working. My main consideration is to replace the old with a new one where I can simply unplug/disconnect the components from the old one and plug/connect them again to the new motherboard with ease and least complications. The CPU socket is LGA 775. Thanks again, bigbang! :)

bigbang

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004
well you arent going to know if all ur components are compatible, unless you find out the connector type for all ur components and compare them between the specifications. a local computer store can do this for you

G

Can you give me a link to the motherboard you bought? I'm currently in need of replacing the same motherboard.

Irishbrian

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hi Rex, I am in the same boat, in fact I had to have the MB replaced 4 times under a 3 yr extended warranty and now it has gone again. I contacted Acer support and really got nowhere this is a "lemon" system and I intend to write to Acer top mgt about it. But could you please let us know the details of the replacement MB you used?

Thank You

BJ

RexMurphy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011

Hi BJ,

I replaced it with Gigabyte's G31M-ES2L. Should be available from newegg.com as well. Got it from TigerDirect.ca. If you're in Canada, it's delivered in 2 days time. I paid just under $50 Canadian. A couple of ports look different than the one from Acer, especially the System Power LED and the F_Audio, but they all fit fine. All the best!

TRENDING THREADS