Acer Aspire r14 not responding to input after being closed

torpedoestostern

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
I have owned an Acer aspire r14 for a couple of years that was given to me by a relative, and from day one it has been plagued with problems. One of the more recent problems happens to be quite annoying in that if I close the lid of the laptop without having put in to sleep mode manually beforehand it will not respond to mouse and keyboard input when opened unless I restart it. This wasn't a problem until recently, before I could just use the touch screen to restart it from the login screen. I broke the screen a few weeks ago and while it's still usable I had to disable the touch screen because the cracks were messing with it and giving me random touch input. At this point I have to hold down the power button every time I open the thing and it's quite an inconvenience. I would be extremely grateful for any solutions or advice on this matter.

Solution
Put it to sleep manually before you close the lid seems like the obvious answer, is there a problem with that?
You can also set the laptop to shut down when you close the lid in the avanced power options. Since you have to shut it down anyways, you might as well try this.

popatim

Titan
Put it to sleep manually before you close the lid seems like the obvious answer, is there a problem with that?
You can also set the laptop to shut down when you close the lid in the avanced power options. Since you have to shut it down anyways, you might as well try this.

Solution