Acer Aspire S5: How to Remove Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Thomson

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the screen from an Acer Aspire S5 Ultrabook or know of any online guides? I dropped my iPhone on top of my laptop which resulted in the inside of the screen cracking. Also, can anyone recommend any websites for purchasing replacement screens?

I have previous experience of building PCs but have never attempted any repairs on a laptop. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Thomson

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

I have visited this site previously but it is not exactly what I am looking for. First of all, the installation guides on that page are not for the Aspire S5. Also, I am lead to believe that Acer have used screens by various manufactures in the S5 which are not interchangeable. This means I first have to remove the broken screen in order to identify which model it is before I am able to purchase a replacement.

I think I have figured out how to remove the screen so I now just need recommendations on the best UK based provider of replacement screens.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

mgmgmg24

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Hey, any insight on how to remove the screen? I had the same thing happen to me last night and I am so upset with myself and want to get this fixed as soon as possible, Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.