Question Acer Aspire T3-710 Upgrade help - Newb here

May 14, 2019
Hi everyone! Long story short...

I am a newb to this website/forum and was in need of a little help if possible?

So I have an Acer Aspire T3-710 PC specs as follows:

i7 6th Gen 6700 @ 3.4Ghz
16GB Ram @ 1600mhz (2x8)
64Bit Windows 10 Home + Student edition
motherboard from what i can gather online is a LGA1151 socket, Intel H110 Express? not sure about other info on this.
PSU - no idea
Intel HD Graphics 530

So I use this PC for casual online video/music streaming, university work, research etc.

However... my house was burgled and my beloved PS4 was taken along with other things. SO i decided to try and make the most out of a bad situation and turn this ok computer into a gaming PC.

I literally have no idea what i can do to this computer to upgrade it enough to become a fairly decent gaming PC.

I have done a little bit of research but its only saying i can upgrade to: Crucuial BX500 120/240/1TB/2TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" 6.0GB/s SSD, NVidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics card and maybe buy the 1866mhz version of the 16GB RAM.

Can anyone shed some light on this PC and what I can do to upgrade it to its maximum potential?

THANKS!

WildCard999

Titan
More then likely the PSU will need to be replaced so you can use a good dedicated GPU. A good quality 550W would be great however we need to know the dimensions of the PSU to give you a recommendation as it may be a SFF (small form factor) one.

Gaming wise SSD's only affect load times so they aren't initially the most important part but if you do want one I'd get the Crucial MX500 500gb SSD as it's a good choice for the price.

For the GPU your better off with the RX 570 4gb as its around the same price, if not cheaper, then the GTX 1050 ti and outperforms it.

Your CPU & memory are fine so there's no reason to change those. Increasing the memory speed for Intel is pretty pointless as well since it has little impact on gaming.

The 6700/16gb/RX 570 4gb would handle most newer games on medium-ish settings at 1080P/60hz.

Also welcome to the forum!