Acer Aspire V3-551G-X419 wont charge or turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_H14

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
So a while back I pulled my chord from my laptop at a weird angle on accident and ever since then it has slowly stopped charging whatsoever. It also used to run a really high temperatures and had overheated multiple times. The geek squad at bestbuy said it was a dead motherboard.No lights turn on, but for a while the laptop would sometimes receive a signal and flash lights, but wouldnt hold a charge. Any second opinions on if its possible to fix?

My warranty is expired on it by the way.

Most likely you either have a bad pc power adapter or a bad dc jack (the power jack on the laptop).

Is your power adapter an OEM adapter or a "replacement" brand adapter. Generic adapters and universal adapters kill a lot of batteries and motherboards.

If you have an OEM adapter and you can test it that it works (either in another laptop that uses the same volts/amps/watts or using a multimeter) then your issue is likely the dc jack. Most best buy technicians would not even know how to remove the motherboard, let alone use a soldering iron to replace/repair a bad dc jack.

One other thing to try is to remove the battery and see if the computer turns on with just the ac power and no battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.