Question Acer Aspire V5-122P 0408 battery and power lights, no video

GALJohnson

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
Working on a friends Acer Aspire V5-122. It had a solid state disk to replace the original hard drive a few months ago. When the charger is plugged in the power led comes on, and when the power button is pushed the power light comes on, but there is no video and no sounds at all coming from the machine. I don't know if the machine makes any beeps or plays the windows theme during boot. There is no hard disk light and of course the SSD makes no noise. So I am stuck on where to go with troubleshooting this system to see if it could just be the screen or if it's really not getting into the post. Have not yet opened the case to see if I can find anything loose. but I think that's unlikely to be the problem because I can't think of anything that would come loose and keep it from posting. It doesn't make any sound when opening and closing the the computer display, but it does beep when unplugging and pluggin in the power supply.

I suspect I may not be able to proceed without buying a screen, motherboard or cpu.

thanks for any help with where to go with troubleshooting.

kek986

Prominent
Nov 9, 2019
Working on a friends Acer Aspire V5-122. It had a solid state disk to replace the original hard drive a few months ago. When the charger is plugged in the power led comes on, and when the power button is pushed the power light comes on, but there is no video and no sounds at all coming from the machine. I don't know if the machine makes any beeps or plays the windows theme during boot. There is no hard disk light and of course the SSD makes no noise. So I am stuck on where to go with troubleshooting this system to see if it could just be the screen or if it's really not getting into the post. Have not yet opened the case to see if I can find anything loose. but I think that's unlikely to be the problem because I can't think of anything that would come loose and keep it from posting. It doesn't make any sound when opening and closing the the computer display, but it does beep when unplugging and pluggin in the power supply.

I suspect I may not be able to proceed without buying a screen, motherboard or cpu.

thanks for any help with where to go with troubleshooting.
Have you tried entering the bios? F2, delete or one of the function keys. You could try taking apart but unlikely. maybe windows just isn't installed properly.

GALJohnson

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
Tried it but screen remains blank. I think it's not the screen, because it's not making any noise (except beeping when the charger is plugged in or unplugged. I would think I would here some kind of beep or windows theme or something.