Acer Aspire V5 Keeps shutting down within seconds of turning with a fully charged battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah_70

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
So basically I was flying to Hawaii on a plane and I turned on my laptop and it shut off after a few minutes. My mom said that the laptop wasn't used to the altitude we were at. Which makes no sense to me. But the next day, which is today I tried turning it on. Instead of lasting a few minutes it only lasted a few seconds. So my mom told me to try plugging it up and turning it on. I would have done that if the laptop was charging. But for some reason it wouldn't charge. So now my mom wants me to let it be off for a day. My mom has no experience with technology so I don't even know why I'm listening to her. But this laptop is about 4 or 5 years old and I'm trying to make it last till college which is 1 more year. But for additional info I have the Sims 4, Defiance and a lot of other games installed on it. Should Uninstaller all of them and see if that helps though it's sounds more like a battery problem not a hard drive problem. Unfortunately I can't take it to a shop and I have no idea where anything is in Hawaii so I may have to wait till I get home but if I can fix it myself that would be great. Please help me. Oh and I forgot to mention it's an Acer Aspire V5 and when it shuts down I here this click sound.

Solution
It is not likely the games. :) More likely it is the battery or the charger cord.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged. (If it will not charge when on, try charging when off.)
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

It is not likely the games. :) More likely it is the battery or the charger cord.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged. (If it will not charge when on, try charging when off.)
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.