[SOLVED] Acer Aspire Windows 8.1 BlueTooth Not Working.

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
I have Made a couple of post about my Acer this past couple days but This one is about the bluetooth and im running Windows 8.1 Went to Services.msc and made sure the device was running Automatically but When i go to the charms bar then to settings then to the bottom to change PC Settings and i go to network and then to Airplane mode the Option is Greyed out also when i go to PC and Devices theres no Bluetooth can some one Help?

Solution
That means the software (driver) used to talk to the Bluetooth hardware component could now be incompatible. Try checking the Acer drivers page for your specific laptop serial number to see which Bluetooth device is installed.
I'm not exactly sure how Windows 8.1 works anymore, as it's been a couple years since I've used it. In the bottom right of the screen next to the clock, does it show the Bluetooth icon? (Maybe you'd have to show the hidden icons when clicking on the arrow left of the icons) Also, when using devmgmt.msc instead of services.msc, can you find the Bluetooth device in working state?

Also, check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WXOAkPg_Ow

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018

Well the closest i think i have to an bluetooth driver is bcm43142A0 is this an bluetooth driver?

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
Okay so i think i figured something out.
I At the moment have Aetheros Drivers but the Wifi/Bluetooth card in my lpatop is a bradcom so would i have to go get bradcom Bluetooth drivers

also why would that Stop it from allowing me bluetooth?

That means the software (driver) used to talk to the Bluetooth hardware component could now be incompatible. Try checking the Acer drivers page for your specific laptop serial number to see which Bluetooth device is installed.

Solution