Question Acer Aspire XC-603 not working fully on Win10

Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone! I have an Acer Aspire model XC-603 (desktop). It had a preinstalled Win 8.1-Home Edition operating system in the past. Last month I made a clean install of Windows 10 and after installing all the drivers I found 2 major problems..First problem is the fact that after the shutting down command , the system enters in the sleeping mode, even I made all the changes in Power Settings(change power plans, change what the power buttons do, change when the computer sleeps..). I also run the "powercfg" command and disable hibernation but the problem persists. After entering sleeping mode, the power button led remains lighted, also the NIC led and all the fans still running. The only way to stop it is to disconnect the cable from the power source. The second problem is that the 2 front USBs are not working. Is here anybody who can help me with an ideea of what to do to get off this 2 annoying problems? Thanks a lot !

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, do you have any BIOS updates pending for the desktop? The other matter is that the desktop has official support for Windows 10, did you source the drivers from their support site, manually, and installed them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Lastly which version of Windows 10 are you currently on and where did you source the installer from?

Oct 6, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, do you have any BIOS updates pending for the desktop? The other matter is that the desktop has official support for Windows 10, did you source the drivers from their support site, manually, and installed them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Lastly which version of Windows 10 are you currently on and where did you source the installer from?

This is the version of BIOS running right now on this machine:

BIOS
vendor American Megatrends Inc.
version P11-B0
date 04/28/2014

I also installed the drivers from the Acer official site.
The version of OS is Windows 10 - Home, version 2004, downloaded from MS with MediaCreation Tool.
Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Recreate the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation tools, this time, after the OS is installed, do not let the OS source drivers for the platform. You can disconnect the internet(NIC) or the router until you can get into the OS's GUI. Once there, manually install the drivers.

I'm assuming you installed the drivers in an elevated command as stated prior?

Last I recall working with BIOS for Acer, you need to key in the SKU/serial number to get a list of compatible drivers and BIOS updates. My common sense tells me you have two more BIOS updates to work through. One is P11.B2 and the other is P11.B4, in that order(not the ones with and L at the end of that number).

Oct 6, 2020
Recreate the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation tools, this time, after the OS is installed, do not let the OS source drivers for the platform. You can disconnect the internet(NIC) or the router until you can get into the OS's GUI. Once there, manually install the drivers.

I'm assuming you installed the drivers in an elevated command as stated prior?

Last I recall working with BIOS for Acer, you need to key in the SKU/serial number to get a list of compatible drivers and BIOS updates. My common sense tells me you have two more BIOS updates to work through. One is P11.B2 and the other is P11.B4, in that order(not the ones with and L at the end of that number).

Hi. I made all these steps recommended by you. Now I still have the same problems described în the first post. I upgraded Bios to P11. B2 and then to P11. B4 and also a fresh install of Windows 10 with MediaCreation Tool with the network cable disconnected, and manually installed all the drivers-run as Admin from Acer site using SID Number of the desktop. After all these the problem persists...After shutdown command, the System still enters to Sleep Mode with all the fans running and I must disconnect the power cord to stop it. Also, the 2 front USB ports, still not working. Any ideea what else I can do? I disabled also Hibernation and Sleep Mode...Thanks,!