• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Acer Aspire XC230 won't boot from USB

Jun 25, 2020
Hi all, turned here because no other tutorial helped.
I have an Acer Aspire XC230 desktop which I bought a few years ago. Last year I installed Linux Mint because the system was extremely slow on Windows.
I would like to now reinstall Windows on the system, so I followed the instructions on Microsoft’s website to create a bootable USB drive, which I then inserted into the system and set the boot order like so
When I do this and select Save changes and exit, I am greeted with this screen
Is there an obvious problem I’m not seeing? Any help is appreciated!

Gerald6049

Prominent
Jun 9, 2020
Hi all, turned here because no other tutorial helped.
I have an Acer Aspire XC230 desktop which I bought a few years ago. Last year I installed Linux Mint because the system was extremely slow on Windows.
I would like to now reinstall Windows on the system, so I followed the instructions on Microsoft’s website to create a bootable USB drive, which I then inserted into the system and set the boot order like so
When I do this and select Save changes and exit, I am greeted with this screen
Is there an obvious problem I’m not seeing? Any help is appreciated!
Your bootable USB drive is not detected. Means you made a mistake during make the Bootable, or bad bootable. What is your tools/software to make the bootable ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS