Acer Aspire5 AMD vs intel/NVidia hardware

mrpitics

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Good day.
Im having an issue here. I wish to buy a new laptop. I have narrowed the search down to 2. Both acer aspire 5. One is about 715usd where I live the other is about 793usd. The cheaper has an amd fx-9800p cpu and an rx540gpu. The other an i5-8250u and an mx150. Both has 8gb ram and 1tb hdd. I wish to use the machine for multimedia purposes most of the time however i want to do some light gaming as well.( war thunder, elite dangerous). Max i wish from them is to be capable of running witcher 3 in 720p above 30 fps. The setting can be whatever. If they can do that they will be capable of doing anything i need them to. Question is. Does the nvidia/intel hardware that much better to justify the price over the amd? And bear in mind that a dollar is worth a lot of money where i live so the difference might seem miniscule but it actually counts. That is the reason why i dont buy a laptop with a 1050. Desktop is not an option I move around a lot. Thank You

Solution
Well, the i5 with MX150 is faster, but the slower laptop will still run Witcher 3 at 720, do up to you if you want to save the money or get a faster system. Keep in mind you are not just buying a system for today, you can't upgrade your laptop so whatever you get now will be what you have in the next few years.
Well, the i5 with MX150 is faster, but the slower laptop will still run Witcher 3 at 720, do up to you if you want to save the money or get a faster system. Keep in mind you are not just buying a system for today, you can't upgrade your laptop so whatever you get now will be what you have in the next few years.

Solution

mrpitics

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
I was mainly interested because the amount of user xp floating around on the net about the amd apu and gpu is about 0. While there's a ton of info about the ibtel nvidia hardware. Basically i don't know if hteres any landmines to step on with amd ( cooling issues, driver suppirt etc.), while i do know that the intel stuff would be ok in these respects. On the other hand fron the price differance i could buy the amd machine with an additional ssd. And that would mean a whole new level usefuleness. :/ But its a good thing to know that at least in a performance point of view bith is enough for me.

mrpitics

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Sadly I cant puck the both of you as the one with the solution even though both answers were helpful. Thanks for the response and the help. If I get the amd one I'll post some benchmarks since there dont seem to be any about that gpu and cpu.