Acer Bakes Nvidia's G-Sync Into 27-inch IPS QHD Monitor With 144 Hz Refresh Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Any word on if either panel supports Freesync (or Adaptive-Sync if you want to use the standard's actual name)? I'd be willing to bet that nVidia has some sort of incentive if manufacturers leave that standard out.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Same exact specs as the Asus ROG Swift. Looks like the same exact bezel too. Hopefully, Acer will know how to meet customer demand and not be sold out for 6 months straight after initial release. And the price had better be more reasonable. $800 is completely REDUNKULOUS!!!

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
...now the XB270HU is a whole new animal and would definitely be worth a higher price for entry since it is the very first 144Hz IPS panel. But notice how Acer didn't provide a response time, which leads me to believe they were not able to get it down to 1ms. I guess we'll know soon enough ;-)

Uh, how did you miss this?

"The star of the show is the XB270HU, which is a 27” monitor with an IPS panel and a resolution of 2560 x 1440. On top of that, it has an extremely high refresh rate of 144 Hz, with a response time of just 1 ms, and support for Nvidia’s G-Sync."

arossetti

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Not sure if this is article is accurate. Looking at several other announcements as well as Acer's release, none say that the IPS panel version have 1ms response time. Only the TN panel. I sure hope it does though.

siman0

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Notice how the article stated noting about a price tag. Good luck affording this b!7(h. Clench your @$$ h073 and watch your kidneys when the XB270HU

Talk is cheap. Once the product is actually out for purchase and can be tested, THEN we'll see how they match up and/or which tech is better. Until then, all we can do is play armchair enthusiast and debate. So, is your chair comfy?

Seems to me making G-sync proprietary is obviously simply a way to marry users to nVidia cards for the lifetime of the monitor, which is much longer than the GPU (probably 3-5x as long for enthusiasts). So naturally you'll feel inclined to stick to nVidia or lose your G-Sync capability even if the competition put out a superior (or cheaper equivalent) board. It would all be fine IF G-Sync monitors were the same or price or cheaper (after all you are likely committing yourself exclusively to nVidia GPUs for years, which nVidia SHOULD be compensating you for). Pretty lame if you ask me.

hannibal

Distinguished
Most propably over 1000$, but nice to see first 144Hz IPS or something like that monitor! Even without g-sync this will be expensive at first!
Hopefully we will soon see more monitors using this panel, and very likely there will be free sync versions too, with a little bit cheaper price... 100$ is less most likely. So if this would be 1200$ dree sync could be as low as 1100$.
Next year these will be cheaper, but not cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.