Acer Delaying Windows RT Plans to See How Surface Does

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I am considering buying like a dozen of these Surface Tablets, in various colors of fashion and cosmetic , walking over to a building where really gorgeous women work at, and giving them each a free tablet, with some kind of App that lets them touch for virtual makeovers, and hope for an epic orgy ensures.

What else are these useless toys for?? Can someone enlighten me Please?

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
The first question I would have is when is Acer's 2013 Q2? It would then be interesting to see what features they will be throwing in to their devices. If they work by calendar year, Q2 could be anywhere between April and June. That seems a little late to hope to make a showing. Mind you, if Win8 or Surface do poorly, or even just underwhelming, it won't be a major problem. And it's not like the turnover rates in the phone ecosystem. But if you wait that long and just come out with something just like everything else already out, you're starting behind everyone who already have built a presence and name. Not saying they should jump in recklessly, but it would seem that waiting that long without at least one or two devices. Then again, if it doesn't work out, they'll look like geniuses who saved tons of money.

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]I am considering buying like a dozen of these Surface Tablets, in various colors of fashion and cosmetic , walking over to a building where really gorgeous women work at, and giving them each a free tablet, with some kind of App that lets them touch for virtual makeovers, and hope for an epic orgy ensures.What else are these useless toys for?? Can someone enlighten me Please?[/citation]

Ah trolls, you gotta love 'em. well, maybe not.

Office 2013 and full keyboard spring to mind.

G

Office 2013 & a full keyboard are not what 90% of the public wants in a tablet.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Bad sign for Microsoft if a major partner isn't launching with them. Let's see how they respond, they can either turn into the new Apple or go back to what their best at, Software.

knott00

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]Bad sign for Microsoft if a major partner isn't launching with them. Let's see how they respond, they can either turn into the new Apple or go back to what their best at, Software.[/citation]
I think their Surface is fantastic hardware. It's much better than anything Acer has ever released. And what's more, it looks cool too. Which is possibly more important given that the general public are only interested in things that are cool or trendy.

[citation][nom]pmhparis[/nom]Office 2013 & a full keyboard are not what 90% of the public wants in a tablet.[/citation]
a full keyboard is actually what has kept me from buying any of the tablets. I hate typing even short messages on my touch screen phone, so I wouldn't want to buy another touch screen device that would become my main source of media consumption. I also don't feel like any of the after market keyboards are really any kind of good solution to the problem. Microsoft is the first to come up with an elegant and acceptable solution IMO.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
well maybe i could see a use for a pro version .. how ever it would depend greatly on what kind of hardware specs they could put into it.. when it all boils over your basically looking at a portable laptop killer .. this i think is where it will end up .. microsoft like apple seem to be at war with the physical media devices of old .. kinda like a lord of the rings battle .. sure in rual places physical media disks are still very much needed and used but with the right internet and computer you can pretty much get all your movies and media on line .. i have a dvd / and a blue ray drive burner and havent used either one but like 4 times.. mostly to back up purchases that i cant get on my streaming services.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]safcmanfr[/nom]Ah trolls, you gotta love 'em. well, maybe not. Office 2013 and full keyboard spring to mind.[/citation]
Yeah, go ahead and pay for MS Office, tool.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Translation, "We had tons of plastic shat lined up for release before the surface came out. We tried to bluff Microsoft by threatening to turn to their Android competitor. Microsoft had already seen us do this and get sqeezed out of that market so they shipped anyway. Once we saw lines around the corner we realized our plastic shat wouldn't sell. We're currently back in the design rooms throwing shat at a velcro wall to see which takes longer to fall off. Once we have the results we'll ship something."

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]knott00[/nom]...a full keyboard is actually what has kept me from buying any of the tablets. I hate typing even short messages on my touch screen phone, so I wouldn't want to buy another touch screen device that would become my main source of media consumption. I also don't feel like any of the after market keyboards are really any kind of good solution to the problem. Microsoft is the first to come up with an elegant and acceptable solution IMO.[/citation]

This. I played with one the other day. The drawback: they keyboard is not the full width of a traditional 104 and is more in line with a laptop or ultrabook size. Just like with those keyboards your fingers get a bit scrunched. BUT that said - it works perfectly. I'm a huge touch typist and this thing makes touchscreens look like the jokes they really are.

Buying.

Acer, being late to the party is not good business... Specially when your competition is not incompetent. What will you bring to the table that Lenovo, Microsoft, Dell, Asus and many others don't already have?

This is an arrogant and very stupid position you're in. Just because MS designed something and might compete, you're stupid for not getting into the game.

Cheers!

livingthedream

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Can't wait to see the surface tablet in action. On order but haven't come in yet where I work. My wife has an ipad and I think the surface might be the tablet that I pick up for myself. Acer is being silly not coming to the market with everyone else. By then, people like myself will have picked up another competitors product and have no need for Acer's offering.

[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]Acer, being late to the party is not good business... Specially when your competition is not incompetent. What will you bring to the table that Lenovo, Microsoft, Dell, Asus and many others don't already have?This is an arrogant and very stupid position you're in. Just because MS designed something and might compete, you're stupid for not getting into the game.Cheers![/citation]

This is Acer we're talking about here. They're basically the redheaded stepchild of the mobile industry

Status
Not open for further replies.