Acer Enters U.S. Smartphone Market With $80 Liquid M220 Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Is it just me... or does it look like an ugly POS? Kind of like an uglier version of an old Motorola design from 5 years ago... with a horrible screen.

Acer has never good good at design. I think they've had one product (S7) in the last 10 years that didn't look terrible.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Oh, tut tut. :) A phone is not a phone is not a phone.

Comparing this to a hot new flagship is like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda Fit. If you compare them and say, "The Honda Fit has a laughably weak engine compared to this Ferrari," you are technically correct but entirely missing the point.

I think these very inexpensive smartphone options are wonderful, because there are throngs of people, in the U.S. and around the world, that simply cannot afford an expensive handset.

I would beg of you not to belittle these inexpensive phones. For some people, they're a godsend.

g-unit1111

Titan
Comparing this to a hot new flagship is like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda Fit. If you compare them and say, "The Honda Fit has a laughably weak engine compared to this Ferrari," you are technically correct but entirely missing the point.

Yeah true, I was joking in my post but it didn't come off quite that way. :lol:

I think these very inexpensive smartphone options are wonderful, because there are throngs of people, in the U.S. and around the world, that simply cannot afford an expensive handset.

Plus there's also the need for people who engage in, um, shadier activities that need a second low cost no contract phone line to stay off the grid, if you catch my drift. :lol:

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Heh, I wouldn't know anything about that! Lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.