Question Acer ES521 Dropped and now will not boot past splash screen

JonnyAlpha

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010
Hi;

My son dropped his Acer Laptop and now it will not boot past the initial splash screen "ACER Explore Beyond Limits".

I have removed the top cover and checked as many connections as possible and all seem in place. I then removed and re-fitted the HDD and still the same.
I removed the HDD and put it in an external USB enclosure and connected it to my Mac, it reported as being re-cognisable and needed to be initialised.

I have tried hitting several of the Function buttons as soon as it is powered on but no joy.

Any help on what to do would be great thanks.

There are litterally thousands of things that may get broke under such rough threatment.

If you cannot see any visible damage, then it will be very difficult to troubleshoot.

That said - if you're realy motivated and in for it, look at the big heavy parts that is more likely to take damage when exposeg to high G forces.

There are litterally thousands of things that may get broke under such rough threatment.

If you cannot see any visible damage, then it will be very difficult to troubleshoot.

That said - if you're realy motivated and in for it, look at the big heavy parts that is more likely to take damage when exposeg to high G forces.