Acer GN246HL will not go to 144hz using Dual Link DVI

AlexIsPlaying

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
EDIT: I gave up. The monitor itself is just defective. Have to spend $50 to return it which is just lovely! Just buying a BenQ instead now.

I can't seem to get 144hz to work on my Acer GN246HL, I have tried a lot of steps to troubleshoot this issue so far with no luck. 120hz is fine but 144hz is a no go. Here is a list of things I've tried

-Different Scaling options for the display in NVidia Control Panel
-Restarting after selecting 144hz & having the black screen
-Only using the Acer Display to see if the other two were causing a conflict (I'd have 2 60hz and 1 144hz going)
-Two different DVI-D cables.
-Tried both DVI Ports on my GPU
-Installed the drivers for the monitor from the Acer website
-Contacted ACER support who told me how to set it to 1080p (thanks lads)

I have the monitor hooked up to a GTX970 if that makes a difference. I'm out of ideas.

Secondary Problem: I get a ton of flicker when looking at certain things I have a video of a less severe case of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZLnKPlJhxw&feature=youtu.be it can get pretty bad when looking at certain things. For instance there is a fish on this CoD map I play that makes the monitor flip out, looking at anything else it's fine. It's incredibly bizarre.

AlexIsPlaying

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015

I actually fixed the flickering somewhat. It was directly related to my Brightness/Contrast. It's way less severe than it was, it's still there at times but it's not terrible. I'm trying to hunt down a different DVI-D cable to see if that is the issue.

The 144hz though, still no luck. Could a bad cable/monitor really only give 120 instead of 144? It seems odd if that's the case but at this point I guess it's possible.

TRENDING THREADS