Acer Intros First Chromebook With Touchscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalfist54

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
This looks awesome. Chromebooks are great for people that have desktops at home. I carry mine to all my classes and when I travel and its great because its super light and has really long battery life. Makes me regret not waiting though!

metalfist54

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
This looks awesome. Chromebooks are great for people that have desktops at home. I carry mine to all my classes and when I travel and its great because its super light and has really long battery life. Makes me regret not waiting though!

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Have you used one? Putting Windows on there would be a travesty.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Not a fan of the whole touchscreen thing, but thats personal preference. Spec/Price wise it looks good, I am really liking how the chromebook market is heating up.

Now I just wished people quit touching my Samsung Chromebook screen, it's not a touchscreen and quit complaining that I bought a $250 laptop that's not a touchscreen when you don't use it!

I got an HP TouchSmart 11 notebook with Win8 and a 8w Temash APU for $260 over the weekend.

As soon as UPS gets here, I'm going to find out if I can clone the original 5400-rpm HDD to a Samsung SSD (before activation).

OEMs are getting really ass-y about hardware mods these days (Acer being one of them). Hey, Geniuses? 98% of us aren't pirates. Stop screwing us over for trying to mod nice stuff.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I hope samsung does a chromebook refresh. Acer makes great chromebooks but the Samsung ones are just ultrabook thin. I think this is a good step in maybe the right direction if android gets ported to chromebooks. Dual-boot anyone? Android AND Chromium?

Status
Not open for further replies.