Question Acer KG251QF problem with 144hz

Mar 5, 2019
Hello, guys. As the title says I own the kg251qf which is 144hz monitor, but I can't run it on 144hz, the highest option I have in the menu is 120hz. I'm currently using the DVI-D cable which came with the monitor, my videocard doesn't support displayport, so that's not an option for me. I have reinstalled all drivers, changed the ports but nothing worked, still 120hz only. Is there anything I can do to force it to use 144hz? Thank you in advance!

Hello, guys. As the title says I own the kg251qf which is 144hz monitor, but I can't run it on 144hz, the highest option I have in the menu is 120hz. I'm currently using the DVI-D cable which came with the monitor, my videocard doesn't support displayport, so that's not an option for me. I have reinstalled all drivers, changed the ports but nothing worked, still 120hz only. Is there anything I can do to force it to use 144hz? Thank you in advance!
What graphics card?

Mar 5, 2019
Oh, it's really old, but I use this computer only for browsing and some old games like CS 1.6 and Dota1, the graphics card is geforce 7900gs.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For 144Hz you need a card capable of dvi dual link or display port otherwise its not going to go beyond 120Hz. It's a limitation of older gpus, not a failure of the gpu or drivers etc. Even hdmi is limited on older gpus, needing hdmi 2.0 not the more common hdmi 1.4.

Mar 5, 2019
So basically the GeForce 7900GS is not capable of running my monitor at 144hz? What is the cheapest videocard which supports 144hz on the market right now?

TRENDING THREADS