[SOLVED] Acer KG271 Cbmidpx 27-inch Full HD TN Panel Gaming Monitor

Mar 10, 2019
Hi everyone I'm planning to buy a 27 inch gaming monitor for a decent price. And i came across this Acer KG271 Cbmidpx 27-inch Full HD TN Panel Gaming Monitor .. i find it very good but YouTube videos says TN panels have poor Colors. So should i buy it or not. TIA

Solution
This is a matter that is subjective to every person. It is true that TN panels have poorer colours compared to a VA or IPS display. They are the cheapest to produce. But if you only have that one monitor and nothing to compare it against chances are that in time you won't have any problem with it. I have two monitors, one is an IPS one and the other a TN panel. So yeah, I can say that the difference is pretty substantial in terms of colours, very visible to the naked eye. I suggest going to a tech store and looking at both kinds of panels there.
There are certain advantages for owning a TN panel: they have better response times in general(1ms), and higher refresh rates at a smaller price. With that said most IPS panels have 4-5 ms...
Mar 12, 2019
This is a matter that is subjective to every person. It is true that TN panels have poorer colours compared to a VA or IPS display. They are the cheapest to produce. But if you only have that one monitor and nothing to compare it against chances are that in time you won't have any problem with it. I have two monitors, one is an IPS one and the other a TN panel. So yeah, I can say that the difference is pretty substantial in terms of colours, very visible to the naked eye. I suggest going to a tech store and looking at both kinds of panels there.
There are certain advantages for owning a TN panel: they have better response times in general(1ms), and higher refresh rates at a smaller price. With that said most IPS panels have 4-5 ms response time and the refresh rate is usually around 56-60hz because they are pricier to make. But that doesn't mean there are no 144hz ,1ms response time ips displays. I use an IPS panel(27 inch) that is intended for gaming at 1ms response time with freesync and 75hz(LG 27MP59G-$179). But if you want a higher refresh rate and at a cheaper price definetely go for a TN panel.

My original suggestion still stands, walk into a tech store and look at different monitors with different panels/specs and see which kind you prefer the most. This is highly subjective.

Solution
Mar 10, 2019
There are certain advantages for owning a TN panel: they have better response times in general(1ms), and higher refresh rates at a smaller price. With that said most IPS panels have 4-5 ms response time and the refresh rate is usually around 56-60hz because they are pricier to make. But that doesn't mean there are no 144hz ,1ms response time ips displays. I use an IPS panel(27 inch) that is intended for gaming at 1ms response time with freesync and 75hz(LG 27MP59G-$179). But if you want a higher refresh rate and at a cheaper price definetely go for a TN panel.

My original suggestion still stands, walk into a tech store and look at different monitors with different panels/specs and see which kind you prefer the most. This is highly subjective.
Thankyou that was very informative. I just have one more question. I watched videos about VA panels, everyone says they stand between TN and IPS .. gives quality like IPS and refresh rates like TN. Are they actually good? Or should i stick with TN.

Mar 12, 2019
Thankyou that was very informative. I just have one more question. I watched videos about VA panels, everyone says they stand between TN and IPS .. gives quality like IPS and refresh rates like TN. Are they actually good? Or should i stick with TN.
indeed, VA panels have better colours than TN and better contrast than IPS panels, but i'm not as informed about them so this is all i can say to you

TRENDING THREADS