[SOLVED] Acer KG281K ---- HDR not showing in settings on Windows 10

treske23

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
So recently purchased an Acer KG281K via HDMI Cable windows shows HDR settings and the monitor allows me to put it into an HDR mode. When connected via Displayport HDR disappears and the HDR setting in the monitors OSD becomes Greyed out and stuck on OFF. I understand it could be an issue with Displayport 1.2 vs Displayport 1.4 however I cant find any info on how to detect what version of Displayport I am on or how to change that. I also saw it might be an issue with the color settings but dont know how to change that. I would like to run via Displayport due to G sync only populating over that but I also want to enable HDR. Anyone knowing how to fix this or info would be appreciated.

Graphics cards are RTX 2060 and GTX 750 dedicated to PHYSX.

I already completely disabled the 750 So that isnt holding it back.

Solution
The monitor is DisplayPort 1.2 which does not support HDR that is a DisplayPort 1.4 feature. So in order to use HDR you must use your graphics card HDMI port. This does mean that you will lose the ability to use “G-Sync compatible” in the nvidia control panel. If you happen to have an AMD GPU then it will hopefully be able to support both HDR and Adaptive refresh over HDMI.

treske23

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
The monitor is DisplayPort 1.2 which does not support HDR that is a DisplayPort 1.4 feature. So in order to use HDR you must use your graphics card HDMI port. This does mean that you will lose the ability to use “G-Sync compatible” in the nvidia control panel. If you happen to have an AMD GPU then it will hopefully be able to support both HDR and Adaptive refresh over HDMI.

Solution