Acer laptop keyboard malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sairento

Prominent
May 21, 2017
Hey! I have an Acer laptop and all of a sudden my keyboard isn't working properly. No matter what I press, a letter 'm' appears and if I hold the key down long enough, the correct letter/function starts showing up. How do I solve this?

Solution
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution
Nov 7, 2018
My Acer laptop got the same issue. I tried almost all the methods I searched for Acer laptop. Failed until I entered the Microsoft Community at the topic "Keyboard only works in safe mode". Method 2 worked well for me. Device Manager -> View -> Show hidden devices -> Remove any entries that exist for the keyboard and USB category.

Jan 17, 2019
Hi williamjiancui. My laptop workss again thanks to your fixing. Hidden laptop drivers where corrutipting keyboard.
Amazingly, ACER support does not provide anything. Crap service.
Thanks William

Status
Not open for further replies.