Acer laptop not installing drivers

BraydonParrett

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Hi.

I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, but I bought an Acer Aspire E5-511 laptop with Windows 8.1 installed. I wasn't a fan of Windows 8.1 and wanted to get Windows 7 on.
I formatted the hard drive through cmd from the Windows Recovery screen, and Windows 7 installed without fail. I realized after plugging in an internet cable that I had no drivers installed.

My Wireless wasn't working and nether was the cable. I downloaded drivers from the Acer website and put them onto a flash drive then tried to install them onto my laptop, but all of the things I tried failed. Or installed, but didn't work. Is there anyway to fix this problem? Or have I screwed up my laptop?

Solution
You should be able to download the ethernet drivers from the RealTek website.

All the drivers I found on the Acer website are for Windows8 and will not necessarily work under Windows7.

BraydonParrett

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

I just tried the chipset and restarted my laptop after a successful install. Nothing seemed to change. I got Ethernet Controller and Network Contoller in "other devices" but nothing in my actual network tap in Device Manager. When I scan for system changes it tells me I can't update because of no internet connection. I have Bluetooth drivers installed and working apparently.