Acer laptop shuts down in 1 minute

adrian0883

Prominent
Nov 18, 2019
I'm trying to get an Acer Aspire E5-52G3 ready to sell and I have encountered a very weird issue. When installing windows 10 the laptop automatically shut down within 1 minute. It even does this during the setup process. After I finally got to the desptop the laptop shuts off automatically. When I installed windows 8.1 was on this laptop I let it run for nearly 24 hours with no issues. This is only happening with Windows 10 which makes no sense because the original OS that this laptop came with was Windows 10 Home Edition. I used the windows 10 media creation tool to install Windows 10 and tried installing it from my disc with no luck. Can someone help me figure this out?

Well, you're not alone, I too have had a gamble on a laptop about 3yrs ago for like 65 bucks (don't know the exact currency when translating from nokr that long ago) and just ending up with a computer with toasted mainboard (concluded many days afterwards that the fixed/soldered gpu chip was probably loosened underneath making it impossible to repair).

adrian0883

Prominent
Nov 18, 2019
Well, you're not alone, I too have had a gamble on a laptop about 3yrs ago for like 65 bucks (don't know the exact currency when translating from nokr that long ago) and just ending up with a computer with toasted mainboard (concluded many days afterwards that the fixed/soldered gpu chip was probably loosened underneath making it impossible to repair).

That truthfully sucks! Hard lesson learned for both of us.