Question Acer Laptop stuck on Acer screen

RennySK

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Have this Acer laptop, don't know the exact name but I've had it for over a year only ever used like five-six times

Windows 10

Last time I opened it about a few days ago because I started uni again and it opened, but was heavily slow, when trying to open something that required admin perms, as the screen went dark (for the menu to say yes or no for admin perms) nothing came up, so I force shut it down, and since then, it won't open

I've reset the battery, first start up afterwards opened the automatic repair and tried to system restore but it said I need a windows installation and to select it I need to restart and somehow select it, anywho I did that and back to square one (tried resetting battery again and again, never got me to the same automatic repair stage)

Also I followed some random YouTube tutorial that said to set something in the startup F2 menu from UEFI to Legacy, and all that did was on startup said something like no HDD or some thing, so I set it back to UEFI

Also my boot options says Windows Boot Manager (my HDD serial or name or whatever it is)

Please help, the laptop was bought for 1K (starting to regret) and actually need it for my studies

Thank you

If that happened to me, I'd restore from a recent full system backup I made. If you don't have a backup, try booting from the Windows install disc or flash drive and select the REPAIR option. If that doesn't work, you may need to reinstall Windows.

TRENDING THREADS